Running professional development courses
An important part of the work of PRIMAS has been to provide teachers with professional development programmes that can support them in using inquiry-based learning approaches in their classrooms.
PRIMAS has brought together carefully designed materials that can be used in professional development programmes that:
- Start with teachers' needs
- Allow teachers to reflect on their own teaching practices
- Use the type of innovative methods that teachers will use in their own evolving teaching
- Take into account contextual factors (such as assessment structures and the curriculum)
- Provide long term support for teachers
- Download: A professional development guide that gives advice on the structuring of effective professional development courses related to PRIMAS.
The PRIMAS professional development modules can be accessed directly here.